12 January 2015

Thanksgiving cake!

I always make a point to host Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday, at least for cooking, and it is always my wish to have a table bursting with friends and family. This year was no exception, with 11 adults and 5 kids in attendance. I don't have many photos from the day, since it was too busy! But this is what my kitchen looked like the night before:

And the turkey in process:

Really what I wanted to post about is a cake featured on one of my favorite baking blogs about two weeks before the holiday which I decided I would make as my birthday cake. This year my birthday fell the day after Thanksgiving so what better for Thanksgiving dessert than a chocolate and pumpkin spice layer cake?

In between the layers were cream cheese frosting with mini chocolate chips and salted caramel. The deep dark chocolate frosting was for the exterior.

A beauty! I always think of myself as a cupcake girl but this cake was amazing.

I even splurged on gold candles. Each one counts for 3 years!!

The oozy caramel between the layers was so good. The cake eclipsed the divine cranberry, caramel, and almond tart that is a Thanksgiving tradition at this point.

More desserts were enjoyed on my real birthday at Long Beach's best steakhouse!



0 comments:

Post a Comment