17 January 2015

Christmas Crafting

Now it is time for me to explain why you are reading all these blog posts in January instead of as they happened. I was crafting. I decided to make a bunch of things for the girls this year, and I started in August!
While my friend Liz and I were making this blanket for a baby shower in September, I was making two additional blankets for Rosie and Amaya.
 


I finished those AND another blanket for my mom in early October. I had a lot more crocheting to start, but since I was a little burned out, I started this instead:

I had this felt and sequin advent calendar kit for years. I may have even gotten it at a garage sale. It took almost 7 weeks to complete. I had to get it done by December first!!


Here are a few of my favorite ornaments.




I did finish the calendar, and just in time. But then I realized I had SO MUCH MORE crocheting to get done, and only about 4 weeks to do it. And besides the things I wanted to make for my girls, I knew my Christmas birthday niece would ALSO be at our house Christmas morning and I wanted to make a few things for her, too! First up? Princess hats. I don't want to give away too much about Christmas morning, but here you can see the girls modelling Ariel, Rapunzel, and Elsa. There is also a Belle hat, and an Anna hat. Well, two Elsas and two Annas, since Rumi got them as well. So 7 hats!

Next came the dolls. I love these process shots! I made two Elsas, two Annas, and two Olafs.




Then came the Doctors! I had to do some Doctor Who crochet for my two Doctor Who fans! First I made the 4th Doctor. His scarf took FOREVER since it is crocheted out of embroidery floss.

The Doctor hanging with the Elsas.

His harem is growing!

Because I was making Doctor Who, I had to make the TARDIS. I finished it Christmas Eve!



The 3rd and 4th Doctors!


I was really worried about how the TARDIS and the Doctors would be received, but they have played with them nonstop since Christmas. Also, Anna and the 3rd Doctor are married.
I almost regretted making the advent calendar since it pushed my other crafting down to the wire, but the girls so looked forward to it every night. We put a tiny faux tree in their room and they took turns each night adding an ornament to it. It was a giant success!

1 comment: