08 January 2015

Disneyland surprise!

Soooo, our dear friend Michon and I braved Disneyland with the girls the Monday before Thanksgiving. It was decorated and awesome, and the holiday parade was super cute. I couldn't get enough of these snowmen:


But here is the real reason I mention this visit:

After Tomu got off work, he met us at the park and I thought it would give Michon and I an opportunity to ride some grownup rides (she had been a great sport about getting stuck on Winnie the Pooh, after all!) There was a 75 minute wait for Space Mountain and while we were deciding whether to brave it, Tomu measured Amaya and she just reached the 40 inches required. And she INSISTED on going.
I had my reservations, and visions of waiting on the line for over an hour just so she could chicken out at the last minute. But she was an absolute champ. It was probably good that the ride is enclosed and so you can't see it while you're waiting. She was so excited when it was time to ride.

The ride was faster and darker than I remembered once I had to worry about a little cutie next to me. I kept yelling "are you OK?" and hearing "yes!" in return, with no crying or screaming. She was still smiling at the end:

In the photo they took during the ride, she looks like she is having an experience!
She really surprised me. Now she wants to ride Space Mountain every visit!

It was a long day for the girls and they passed out immediately upon hitting the stroller.
Since we arrived in separate cars, Tomu drove home with the girls and I carpooled with my buddy Baymax.

Michon bought him for the girls but they were asleep by the time she paid! It was like an extra surprise the next morning!


1 comment: