I'm sure I'm not the only one that has noticed the complete and utter lack of Thanksgiving represented anywhere in stores this year.
Even the very dependable fall colored or foiled candy seems to have been skipped altogether this year and we've gone straight to Christmas from Halloween.
I am sad about this. I love Christmas, but I also love autumn and Thanksgiving! So I made an effort to do a little fall decorating at our house. This wreath was 80% off at Michael's the day after Halloween. If anyone is counting there are 28 days this year between Halloween and Thanksgiving, so it seems they could have waited a bit to mark it down.
I had gone to Michael's that day looking for a fall leaf garland for the mantel, which of course I couldn't find as the only garlands out were for Christmas. I was so set on having one I ordered this one online.
These little turkey teaholders make me smile. I just know they are wondering why their holiday is being squeezed out.
The girls helped me make this little owl garland. We really like the shadows it makes on the fireplace.
I love putting my Christmas tree up early, too, but early to me is the day AFTER Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoyed seeing some fall colors here, since the only other place you can find them now is actually outside on the trees since it is still fall. Someone should tell the stores.
And a very happy Thanksgiving to you.
0 comments:
Post a Comment