It was a hot day today, and we went up to Pasadena for a birthday party. On the way we stopped at Tomu's parents' house and this was the scene in their front yard:
We've seen the male peacocks fairly often, but I'd never seen one with it's tail on display. Also, I'd never seen a peahen before (it's the brown female with the green throat on the stump).
We hung out for a while in the car, just enjoying the colors on this bird. My iphone camera does not do them justice.
I even enjoyed the back of the display! So neat.
Amaya woke up from her nap just in time to see it too. She was really excited.
After a while the female jumped down from the stump and then we were treated to this "rattling" display, where the male shakes those tail feathers really fast. It makes a loud noise that reminded me of a rattlesnake. I looked it up and it's all to get her to notice him. Sadly she didn't seem all that interested.
She was hanging out with this other male juvenile (you can tell because his train is not very long yet). We wondered if she was his mom. I just love their "crowns."
Finally we went on to the party, which was at a park. The girls hit their first piñata.
I was so surprised that Rosie was more aggressive! And they both got right in there when the candy fell out.
The little boy you see with the plaid shorts near Tomu was born within a week of the girls' actual due date in August 2010. He is an entire head taller than Rosie!
It was a day full of surprises and fun. Happy weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment