05 July 2012

Sheds and Singing

This past weekend we finally had our sheds built! The guys from High Desert Sheds came out and did the job in two days. Before they came, we prepped the site a bit by painting the neighbor's wooden garage wall and leveling the ground a bit. We also had some massive tree trimming and removal. We took out the guava and peach trees.

Watching the sheds go up was really cool. They build each wall flat on the ground and then attach it to the foundation. It is a totally possible DIY if you don't have twin toddlers!

By the end of day one both shed were completely framed out.

Day two! Siding, roofing and doors.

By Sunday at 4 the guys were done and on their way. But of course our work was only starting. The siding on the sheds comes with a 30 year warranty if you paint it within 30 days. Since we have the party coming up, we did it this week.

I didn't take progress photos since I was covered in paint! But here they are after I finished the last touchups tonight.


Step one of the backyard renovation complete! Only about a hundred left to go...

Oh, and while I was painting this evening, this was happening inside:


What Tomu didn't capture was that before they start "singing" this way, they start by saying "I love you" and then start changing the sounds. Someday we'll get the whole thing!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was some fast shed building. They look great, And super cute singing.

    ReplyDelete