On Saturday the girls turned two! It's hard to believe that it's been two years since they've been in our lives. It seems like it's gone very quickly, but at the same time it's hard to remember what life was like before them! This year we got them a play kitchen. I love all the DIY options I saw online, but I didn't have a piece of furniture to repurpose, so buying a piece to redo would have kind of defeated the whole point. Plus the (lack of ) time thing. I got a great deal on this kitchen that was on my amazon wishlist forever! Here I am putting it together Friday night. Good thing I love this kind of thing, since it took 2 hours.
Set up for the big reveal!
The girls were delighted. Rosie is admiring her strawberries.
Amaya's favorite thing is this tiny "milk" jug that had some weird orange drink in it originally.
A close up of some of the felt playfood I made for them. The mushrooms and eggs are my favorite.
I really made a lot of food! I worked on it a little at a time for a few months. I have many more patterns so I can keep adding to their stash.
I also used a bunch of small boxes and cans and downloaded vintage labels to make some pantry food.
I am most proud of these cookie and cracker boxes. The labels were vintage ice cream boxes and I changed the writing in photoshop.
Happy girls!
Yesterday I finished their sandbox. I had been eyeing this design since I noticed it last spring. The key: it keeps out stray cats. They already use our garden as a litterbox and I wasn't about to let them use the sandbox! I also love how the lid forms a deck when the box is open.
We got a compound miter saw and it rocks. Tomu made the cuts and I pre-stained the wood on Saturday, then finally assembled it yesterday. (More on the deck in the background soon!) Here it is closed up. The lid is super heavy!
The girls approve!
Now we just need an umbrella to keep them out of the sun! Hooray for birthdays!
It's beautiful! I love the added touch of color, great job!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Awesome. I kind of want felt food! Can't wait to see them in action.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Crazy Babies!