Today we took the girls to their first Dodgers game of the year. They were playing the Mets, so I got to dress Rosie in a Mets shirt like me while Amaya stayed true to her Dodgers roots and daddy.
Except during the ride to the game:
I could not get Rosie to say "Let's Go Mets" for the life of me, but Dodger fan Amaya was very willing to participate. Tomu was not pleased, especially since we spent so much time training them to say "Go, Dodgers" before this. Rosie did spend a lot of time running around the house saying "Dodgers!!!" while pointing to her Mets shirt, though, so I think we're even.
The game was rough. We had lousy seats and it was sold out, and the girls were on our laps. Well, until they both decided they had to sit on mommy's lap. And get squirmy. Here we are by the 4th inning, when we had just about reached our limit. Pretty sure you can tell how things are going by looking at all three of our faces:
I love how Rosie looks totally over it and I look like I am barely holding it together.
Well, we had to leave soon after this photo, but that was OK. It was Hello Kitty bobble head night so we got something fun to take home. Plus the girls were able to set aside their confusing team allegiances by the end of the game:
Hooray for baseball, even when it's not perfect!
0 comments:
Post a Comment