23 April 2014

Easter dresses

I used the same pattern that I used to make my niece's birthday dress...
 
...to make the girls' Easter dresses. Here they are desperately trying to stand still:

All the rest of my photos look like this:

 
It's nice to make them something they love so much! I have to say, I made a lot of boneheaded mistakes on this one. Well, one boneheaded mistake multiple times. I printed out the bodice pieces but they were scaled incorrectly, which I noticed when I spent an hour on one bodice and it was too small. So I had to recut them. Except the first time I recut them I used the wrong printout AGAIN. Luckily I had just enough of the pink fabric to cut another piece. But after that the sewing was a piece of cake. It is the first project I did in my new craft room (another post that will be coming soon).
 
Joy!
  


0 comments:

Post a Comment