This past Friday was one of those days. Amaya had a twenty four hour stomach bug the day before (which began by her projectile vomiting while I was driving) and when the girls woke up they both complained of a stomach ache. Fearing Rosie would be the one vomiting that day, I stayed home in the morning with them. By lunch they were acting normally and I brought them to the sitter, only to discover a nail in my tire after dropping them off.
No big deal, I switched cars with Tomu at work so he could get the nail fixed on the way home.
When I got in the Scion after work, it still smelled A LOT like vomit from the day before. So when I got home with the girls, I removed the car seats, stripped the covers, and put them in the wash. Then we got distracted with dinner and calling grandma and grandpa, and then I went to get the covers out of the machine to hang them to dry...
...only to discover at some point in the wash cycle, something got into our washroom sink and plugged the drain, causing it to overflow with dirty water, and flood the laundry room.
I remind you that I was washing the vomited on car seat cover. So although my laundry room did not smell like that, in my head I am hyper aware of it.
The lemonade? My laundry room floor has never been cleaner, and either has my washer. Because the water backed up the hose into the machine, I had to drain the extra manually and I figured I may as well wash the machine itself as well. Now it smells great after empty cycles with vinegar and then bleach.
Look, clean floor with piles and piles of towels and blankets used to sop up flood water waiting to be washed!
And here is the new lint trap I installed on the hose. The best part is that I already had this trap for months and never got around to installing it. Maybe it would have prevented the whole debacle.
The other bonus result of all this is that it got me in a cleaning mode. Tomorrow I will post the results of that!
0 comments:
Post a Comment