17 July 2013

The Rainbow Party!

Saturday was the girls' birthday rainbow party and it was a smashing success!
    
All the kids got these fun invites.      


The morning of the party the girls and I baked their cupcakes. Here we are coloring the batter for the rainbow cupcakes!


Everything baked and ready to frost. Rosie and Rainbow Brite are supervising.

These vanilla rainbow cupcakes with creamsicle frosting and lots of sprinkles were by far the favorites of the kids at the party.

Here are the chocolate cupcakes with the mint cloud frosting and the cookie toppers I mentioned in my last post.

Earlier in the week I made this rainbow jello!

Other rainbow food included fruit salad...

...and pasta salad. Tomu and I dyed the pasta Friday night and then made the salad, so the colors were a little muted the day of the party. But it was definitely still pretty rainbow-y.

Here was the completed dessert table. Besides the cupcakes, cookies, and jello, we also had rainbow gummy bears, skittles, and M&M's. We even added purple ones so we got a true rainbow (thanks, Kris!)

The rainbow banner was one I made for their first birthday so I was happy to reuse it.

The cookies I featured in the last post, plus fruity pebble rice krispy treats!

The kids really loved these little baking cups filled with candy or goldfish. Some of the little girls were collecting them!

All the kids had fun! Here are the girls with their cousin, just waiting to blow out their candles!



There was a kids craft table with beads for making necklaces and bracelets, and of course bubbles!!



As usual I didn't remember to take many pictures of the crowd, but Tomu got this one. You can see our finished pergola, which was so helpful to have in time for the party!

 I also hung these great hot air balloons from the kids' tent.

Even Rusty got in on the rainbow action.

After cake, we let the kids kill the piñata. This is the one birthday party project I regret taking on! How long could it take to make a piñata? Well, I made it huge:

and covered it in fringed crepe paper. After 12 hours I gave up on covering the back, so I just painted it.

That amount of time is fine for a permanent project, but for this?


Next time we buy one!

We filled the piñata with non chocolate candy (too hot out!) and toys like mini bubble bottles, erasers, and bouncy balls. The kids loved it.


We sent all the kids home with coloring books and these rainbow caterpillar crayons we made in the oven:

Each kid got two, so there were a lot of them...
 ...like an ARMY OF THEM!!!

The next day the girls opened their presents and had a great time. Thanks to everyone who made the girls' third birthday such so fun and amazing!!! Here are just a few photos of the carnage from the present opening...





0 comments:

Post a Comment