You can always tell that we are 10 days out from a giant party by how our backyard looks. This was last night:
How many unfinished projects can you see in this photo?
Or maybe I should be more specific.
How many unfinished projects that need to be done by the party in 10 days time?
If you said five, congratulations, you are correct! Think the pergola looks finished? Think again! If it was I would have posted about it! It needs to have tension cables strung and shadecloth installed.
All this wood in various stages of treatment is furniture that needs to be built so our guests have somewhere to sit. It encompasses 4 separate pieces, which I am counting as 3 projects because they include a table, two identical benches (counts as 1), and a kid's picnic table. Project number 5? The covered storage area for the alley to the left of the garage there.
I guess less typing, more working would be in order. Also, note to self: Have Tomu take some photos so it doesn't always look like he's doing all the work. He's not. I sanded all that wood that's stained green, and painted it. Plus I stained the wood he's sanding after he finished. All last night after work.
Oh, and by the way, Rusty is doing just fine after his big adventure. Just sleeping a lot and walking gingerly on his poor injured feet and legs. If you didn't know, he ran away last Thursday and was missing for 24 terrible hours. He's a trooper!
Looks like on the 4th we'll be be building furniture, and protecting Rusty from scary fireworks!
Glad to see Rusty! And glad to know we aren't the only ones celebrating with manual labor!
ReplyDeleteEven un-finished, the pergola looks amazing. And I'm so glad that Rusty is ok. Poor thing.
ReplyDelete