14 December 2012

Christmas cookies

Earlier this week the girls and I made some sugar cookies. I thought they would get a kick out of watching me cut out shapes, but they were ready to jump right in and decorate them! I don't know why it didn't occur to me that they would be old enough for this, but they had a great time! As usual, the girls' personalities really shone through. Rosie used the tiny nonpareils and was very gentle.

Amaya used bigger confetti (or "buttons," as she called them) and needed several explanations as to why she had to be careful not to poke them all the way through the cookie.
 
Rosie demonstrating her expert "patting" technique.
 
I had planned on decorating some of the cookies with royal icing, but how could I keep them away from the girls? This was much more fun!
 
 
This was a busy week! Some other things I've been up to:
Stovetop potpourri - with lemons and rosemary from the yard...
 
...baking dog treats for all the best friends on our list...
 
...decorating some cookies for a special birthday...
 
...late night sewing...
 
 ...and packing up gifts to mail!
 
Less than two weeks to go! Thankfully the only thing I'm behind on is sleep :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment