Two babies that can pull themselves up to stand can get in a lot of trouble. Here are some of the nursery changes we've had to make in order to minimize owies.
I resisted the concept of foam tiles for a long time, but I finally caved after one too many head bonks on the hardwood floor. I found nice thick ones without inset letters that they can pull out and chew on. As an added and unexpected bonus, these tiles have different textured surfaces for each color. The girls love to run their hands over the textures.
The dresser knobs were nice but stuck out far enough to cause trouble. Also, I caught the girls trying to suck on them more than once. We removed the knobs and threaded ribbon through the holes. I tied the ribbon around a popsicle stick on the inside of the drawers to prevent the inner knot from pulling through the hole. It's working well so far!
Finally, a mobile upgrade that has been in the works for a long time finally came to fruition. Now that the girls can stand up in their crib, we couldn't use the mobile hanger that attached to it, and they have outgrown the black and white infant mobile anyway. I made this owl mobile out of fun scrapbook paper. It was a little tricky balancing the owls so they faced down. So many cute mobiles hang vertically, but then the babies can't see them when they are lying down!
0 comments:
Post a Comment