Before I left for work this morning, I took some pictures of the garden, which is really taking off.
Remember what the northern bed looked like just two and a half weeks ago?
Here it is now. I am afraid the zucchini will soon be taller than me:
The peas are going crazy! They are almost at the top of the trellis.
They have pea pods just waiting to fill out.
The cucumbers are also starting to climb!
I staggered the planting of the green beans so we get a longer harvest. The latest planting is just starting to break the surface.
We were having trouble getting our bunching onions to sprout in the beds, so I built a sub-irrigated planter (sip) to try to maintain a more constant moisture level in the soil. It seems to be working! (More about sips in another post)
Mint and lemon balm in another sub-irrigated planter.
We get another mulch delivery today, so we should be able to finish covering the yard. We finally bought our loquat tree, so hopefully by this weekend I will have more photos to share!
0 comments:
Post a Comment