11 May 2011

Patio/walkway update

Last night I finally finished staining the patio. We bought two shades of stain and mixed them to create four to get a patchwork effect. I was concerned that one solid color would look too uniform. I'm happy with how it turned out! Remember the "before"?
 


And now it looks like this!

 I really like the subtle shade differences. I think we were able to achieve a less utilitarian and a more customized look!

We also restained the walkway. We used the darkest of the shades. Here is a before:

And the after!
 We are doing all this prep work to get ready for this weekend's project. Here is a sneak peek...


P.S. Strawberries!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks really great. I like the subtle patchwork pattern. The front yard is really coming together. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I posted a comment the other day but for some reason it didn't show up. Anyway, the patio is looking really good. I love the subtle patchwork of the pavers. The front yard is really coming along. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete