Yesterday was the first day of kindergarten! The girls are starting the first of 6 years at our local elementary school, which is about 4 blocks from our house. I took the morning off to enjoy it!
Uniforms, hooray!
We won't always be able to walk, depending on who is dropping them off and picking them up. But it only takes 10 minutes to get there from home.
At the schoolyard, all the kids and parents lined up with their classes. It was pandemonium.
I picked them up afterwards and they were a little untucked but no worse for wear. They are in separate classes, which they are dealing with well.
We had to buy new backpacks which were delivered while they were at school, so I brought them with me for pickup. Their adorable bee and owl packs that they've had since preschool are not big enough to hold their homework folders :(
I only cried a little.
0 comments:
Post a Comment