24 February 2015

Disney VIP

Yesterday we went to Disneyland for a very special night. The park closed at 8 for regular visitors and stayed open til midnight for passholders whose passes expire within a two month window (that includes us!) We got to the park in the late afternoon and had a great time. I don't know if it was the rain that was forecast but didn't manifest or just that it was a lazy Monday, but the park was not very crowded. We decided to try taking the girls on the tiny roller coaster in Toon Town to see if Rosie could handle it. Tomu took this video of Amaya:

I love it! It makes me wish I could see Amaya's face during Space Mountain! In the background you can catch glimpses of Rosie looking scared. I glanced down at her once and she seemed like she was about to cry, but by the end she was laughing. She told me afterwards she "kind of loved it." I was so proud of her since she normally cries at the thought of the two little waterfalls in Pirates of the Caribbean!

He got a great video of Rosie on the teacups:

Amaya and I sat out the teacups, but we were able to get some fun shots of Tomu and Rosie!

Soaring in the Astro Orbiter rockets!

By the time the park cleared of regular visitors, we had gone on most of the rides the girls wanted, so we waited on some very long lines to see some special characters that they brought out just for the passholders. First we waited to see Aladdin and Jasmine, but by the time we got to the front of the line they were on break and we got to meet Genie instead!!
I was pretty bummed that they didn't get a photo with Jasmine, since she is one of the only princesses they haven't met. We were a bit dubious to wait on the next line since characters are only rotate in for half an hour at time. Good thing we waited so long that Pocahontas left and came back again!
 
The girls were absolute champs. We waited well over an hour to see Pocahontas, and they knew they might get up there and only be able to take a photo with John Smith. By the time this photo was taken it was 11:00 and they still look pretty happy!

We didn't wait for any more characters after that, since most of the others are more commonly seen on a regular day at the park. However, they did have a villain line that I would have been on if I could. When we walked past, there was the Queen of Hearts, Jafar, and Prince John from Robin Hood!!! We were able to ride Alice in Wonderland, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, and Space Mountain (well, Rosie and I re-rode Buzz Lightyear) in about 30 minutes and then we called it a night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment