Every time we go to Disneyland the girls see so many other little girls in princess dresses. We see the dresses at the stores in the park or at the mall, and they are expensive and the fabric is not the best. Amaya in particular has pretty sensitive skin and the more synthetic fabrics tend to make her itchy, especially if they are very shiny or stiff. So I decided to make the girls some dresses for their birthday.
I found a pattern I liked for a reversible, apron style dress. Then I started thinking about which princess to make, and things got a little out of hand. I give you the five reversible dresses I came up with (10 princesses in all):
I assume Ariel will be Rosie's favorite. The solid fabrics are a soft crepe that I think will be very comfortable.
This dress is dreamy. The sheer flower layer is actually a curtain panel I picked up at a garage sale. You'll see a yellow and pink one used later.
I think this one is my favorite, because I love the take on Anna. All of these dresses are Disney inspired as far as color goes, but leave room for the girls to be creative. I think the Rapunzel one could also be used as Princess Sophia.
Another curtain was used for Belle. I love the contrast between the deep blue and the sunny yellow. I think the yellow crepe color was called Sunshine on the bolt.
This dress is the heaviest, because it is three layers! I had to make a red dress for Amaya so I went with a take on the Queen of Hearts. I really like how it came out!
I spent a lot of time pinning and sewing, but I was able to finish the dresses in just 3 nights of actual sewing. I will post the girls' reaction after I give them the dresses on Monday. I am so excited!!






Wow, those are amazing. Seems like a very involved project. I can't believe that you didn't just make 2 dresses for them, you made five, which are really 10. That is a great idea to make them reversible.
ReplyDelete