13 September 2013

Fun with Google Street View

A few years ago, we checked out our address on Google street view. I was actually checking to see if it still showed our house the way it used to look, pink and all.

But to my surprise, they had updated the view and Tomu and I could be seen in the yard. It was the very day we put in the front patio:

Tomu's back is to the street and I am not looking either. Neither of us saw the Google car that day.

I think this is what I was doing in that photo (circa April 2011):

Fast forward to our February 2013 trip to NY. The day we went to walk around Bear Mountain, we rounded a bend in the path around Hessian Lake. This time I noticed the Google car on Route 9W! It took a long time, but those images are finally online.


Who are those colorful pedestrians?


As best I can tell, this is the photo Tomu was taking at the moment the Google car went by:

I don't know what the probability is of any person appearing on Google Street View at any given time, but I think it's probably pretty unusual to be captured on it twice, two years and 3000 miles apart!


0 comments:

Post a Comment