Have you noticed that some supermarkets and gas stations have a promotion where if you shop enough at the supermarket you get a discount at the pump? Well, we had 10 cents a gallon off at the gas station up to 25 gallons. That is the size of the Scion and Mini tanks combined. So the other day when I got home from work the girls and Tomu were waiting so we could go to the gas station with both cars.
Amaya rode with me and informed me that we were going to get "petrol." This terminology definitely came from Peppa Pig, a British show that is one of my favorites. The funny thing is that they don't watch that show nearly as often as they used to.
I also like how they call the person filling up the car with petrol "doctor." Not sure where that came from.
Now I am hoping I can get them to use other British terminology they see on that show, specifically "trolley" for shopping cart.
Also, we bought that little car used from the neighbors across the street. It will probably get a Mini Cooper makeover to match our car. Yellow with a white top!
Now I am hoping I can get them to use other British terminology they see on that show, specifically "trolley" for shopping cart.
Also, we bought that little car used from the neighbors across the street. It will probably get a Mini Cooper makeover to match our car. Yellow with a white top!
That would be so cute if you painted it to match the mini. And I love that it has a gas cap and that Amaya uses the watering can to put "petrol" in the car.
ReplyDelete