I hope you are ready for some cuteness. I could not choose photos or videos with any kind of objectivity, so there's a lot to look at here!
If you don't already know, the girls chose their costumes this year. Amaya wanted to be a dinosaur, and Rosie wanted to be a robot. I was thrilled that they picked such cool characters!
Here in Long Beach it can be quite warm on Halloween. Last weekend it hit 90 degrees. It makes for some difficult costume planning, especially for a native New Yorker used to freezing temperatures and bulky coats that cover your costume. I went with simple fleece jumpers that could be layered for hot or cold weather. It wound up being a perfect fall day, with temperatures in the low 70s.
I was a little concerned that Rosie would not want to wear her costume. She acted very snotty when I showed it to her this weekend after staying up late gluing sparkly rhinestone "buttons" on her robot control panel. Thankfully come Halloween she was into it. She is definitely the cutest robot I have met.
Amaya, on the other hand, has been repeating "Yaya scary dinosaur rarrrr" constantly since she tried on her costume so I could fit the buttons this weekend.
We figured they were still a bit too young for trick-or-treating, so we went to our sitter's neighborhood Halloween party where they had fun running around with all the other kids.
Silly dinosaur.
The real fun began when we got home. It was already dusk and there were kids all around the neighborhood. I did not anticipate how much fun the girls would have giving out candy to them. They waited at the front door for kids to come up the walk and excitedly put candy in their bags and buckets. By the second or third visitor, Amaya started yelling her version of "Trick or Treat" when they reached the door.
In between trick-or-treaters, they would stand at the door and yell "Rarrrr!" and "BO-BOT!!"
Amaya was very brave, even when some scary costumes came her way.
I think it helped that the girls don't really eat any candy except for bribery lollipops, so they didn't mind handing it out. They really liked sorting all the different types in the bowl. They did eat TWO lollipops each in the spirit of the holiday, which made them extra excited.
I was worried that they wouldn't go to bed but they conked right out. Tomu and I spent the evening appreciating the amazing age they are at and how fun they are at this moment in time.
Love those girls!
Here's to twin sisters, and dinosaurs, and robots, and fun!
That is some extreme cuteness. The costumes turned out really great! The last two videos are saying "this video is private" when I try to play them though.
ReplyDeleteFixed the videos! I think we will be having lots of robot/dinosaur dress up time in the future, even without candy!
Delete