27 July 2011

Birthday Girls



This month the twins turned one, and we had a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed birthday party for them. Most of our friends' kids are babies or young toddlers so it was really more of an adult party, but I was so inspired by some of the caterpillar parties that I saw online that I couldn't resist. Naturally I bit off a little more than I could chew, but more on that in the next post. For now, enjoy some photos of the festivities:

 Birthday Girl Rosie in outfit by Grandma! We couldn't get them to wear the adorable matching hats but at least she posed with it.



 Two of my new skills: piping cupcake frosting and decorating sugar cookies.

 We huddled under the tents to escape the blazing heat. It was supposed to be mild but it was not. The concrete backyard does not help the situation. Hopefully some of that will be remedied by next summer!

Pin the antennae on the Caterpillar! I actually freehand painted this, and I am very proud, since I am no artist!

I bought balloons called "link-o-loons" to make these caterpillars. They have a latex extension on the top end that you can tie to the knot on the bottom of the next balloon. They're the secret behind balloon arches!

 Meredith took this picture, probably my favorite of the whole day! The girls were getting sleepy and cranky so we decided it was time for cake. Here they are waiting for me to light the candles. Rosie's face is priceless!



 The girls really enjoyed their first taste of sugar!

 I bought these cute lollipops and printed out the labels for them (if you are unfamiliar with the story, the caterpillar eats through a lollipop!)


 We waited until the next morning to open their gifts. After the tissue paper, they really loved these dolls that their friends Olivia and Kate gave them.

 All in all it was a great day! It's hard to believe that a year has already come and gone. Happy Birthday, little munchkins!


2 comments:

  1. Adorable posts! I second Christine's comment, the cookies and cupcakes were awesome tasting and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Meredith

    Thanks! SO glad you took some photos of those cupcakes or I would never have been able to post :)

    ReplyDelete